On October 4, 2016, I facilitated my first Grantwriting 101 Workshop with Bamboo Detroit to a sold out audience! So much so where we were led to conduct a follow-up session on November 8 for those who were unable to purchase a ticket. In this introductory, high-level class, attendees:
- Understood the difference between foundation and corporate grants
- Grasped the Do’s and Dont’s of Grant writing
- Gained expert insight on how funders select winning applications
- Knew what to do once they’ve been awarded or denied the grant
- Became familiar with the Moves Management process
- Assembled an application package to make the best impression the first time
- Participated in mock grant writing exercise
I was overwhelmed to receive many thank you e-mails from attendees who expressed their satisfaction with the course and how they can apply their newfound knowledge in their professional and entrepreneurial endeavors. It is my honor and pleasure to partner with Bamboo Detroit as we collaborate on ways to most effectively empower Detroit’s strong and growing entrepreneurial base and I look forward to conducting many, many more!
Here are just a few of the photos that were taken from the event. This is just the beginning I’ve only begun to scratch the surface!
Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by today friends! Until next time.
Yours In Service,